The law regarding the rights and obligations of landlords and tenants is continuously changing.
Our Commercial Property Team is skilled at dealing with both contentious and non contentious aspects of landlord and tenant law, and they remain up to date with the latest legal developments.
They offer clear, plain English advice and practical solutions on such matters as:
- Assignments and sub-letting
- Assured Short-holds and Tenancies
- Enforcement of covenants
- Issuing proceedings for the possession of premises
- Issues arising from the Landlord & Tenant Act 1954
- Landlords' consents
- Lease negotiation
- Lease renewal
- Leasehold enfranchisements
- Recovery of service charges
- Recovery of possession
- Removal of unauthorised occupants
- Rent reviews/rent arrears
- Schedules of dilapidations
Partners at MLC have decades of experience in handling these matters and invaluable knowledge of the local commercial property market in London, Ilford, Redbridge, Essex and Hertfordshire, and the national position. We are instructed by clients of all sizes including major property concerns. We are well known for understanding and satisfying the needs of property clients. We work closely, and work with, prominent surveying practices and are frequently recommended for our expertise and straightforward advice. We aim to identify problems that may arise during transactions but, more importantly, provide the solutions.