Dealing with a dispute, be it small or large, can be a particularly stressful experience, especially if you are unsure about the costs and procedures involved. Our experienced specialist Litigation Team regularly handles a wide range of disputes, and we can provide practical and specialist advice with the aim of resolving your dispute quickly and cost-effectively. We are solicitors with over 30 years experience of representing clients in disputes and Litigation in Ilford, Redbridge, Barking and Dagenham, Essex, Greater London, and indeed nationally. Our litigation team is based out of our Wanstead, London office.
Our team includes members of accredited panels and professional associations in the specialist areas of Professional Negligence, Property litigation and Dispute Resolution. We are involved in disputes of all sizes, often complex and high value disputes where very large law firms may have been instructed by the opposite party. Our team have all previously worked at large firms.
Costs, early settlement and ADR
Our method of charging and rates of fees are always agreed at the outset, in some circumstances you may bring a claim pursuant to a conditional fee agreement – also known as a no win no fee agreement. Often our fees and any disbursements, if successful, can be sought from the losing party at the conclusion of the dispute.
Wherever possible, we always seek to settle disputes by negotiation. In many cases, disputes can be resolved by using alternative dispute resolution (ADR) methods such as mediation and arbitration. These procedures can be more informal and less adversarial, as well as less costly, than going to court or concluding your case at court. Our Litigation Team will work with you to reach a mutually satisfactory outcome to both parties.
If court action is necessary, rest assured that our Litigation Team will provide a robust and efficient presentation of your case in order to gain the best possible result.
We aim to provide a high quality service and will deal with your matter in a friendly and professional manner. We also work hard to ensure that there is regular communication to ensure you are kept informed about the progress of your case.
Experience and specialisms
We have helped with the following situations:
- Disputes between you and your landlord or a local authority
- Boundary and property disagreements
- Cases against banks and pensions companies
- Claims against your builder
- Party Wall Act cases
- Defending a local authority noise or other Environmental Protection Act case
- Conflicts with retailers, suppliers or service providers
- Problems with contracts (employment and others)
- Claims on the estate of someone who has passed away
- Professional negligence (medical negligence, solicitors , surveyors, accountants or other)
- Personal injunctions to prevent stalking and harassment
- The collection of personal debts and loans